Thursday, August 6, 2009

Goodbye, John Hughes

Sorry, Innspecter, but I had to take this one. Feel free to expand. I just read that John Hughes, director of almost every '80s comedy that I loved, has passed away of a heart attack at 59. God, that's like having part of my childhood gone. The man launched the careers of almost all the Brat Pack members (Ally Sheedy, Anthony Michael Hall, Molly Ringwald, etc.) and he wrote Home Alone and National Lampoon's Vacation. Plus he was behind such eminently quotable films as Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Weird Science, Pretty in Pink, and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. While he hadn't done anything in about 20 years, he influenced a generation of young filmgoers, including me.

YouTube won't let me embed the video, but here's a clip of the eight movies directed by John Hughes. Here are a few quotes.

Oh, and in other news, Penny got fleas, probably from walking in the woods...where there are fleas. I gave her a bath and sprayed the house. Hopefully she does not have fleas anymore. That is all.

No comments: