Thursday, May 17, 2012

Choose Your Own Title!

I don't know what to call this post. Besides, it has to be quick because I've installed LeechBlock to bar me from this site until 4pm every weekday so I don't screw around on the computer. Yes, I have to self-ban myself. It starts at 9, so I have seven minutes. And yes, I should probably start it at 8:30.

Not much to report, just lots of J updates in terms of him starting swimming (I'll post pics) and loving it almost as much as we love watching him love it. He's also begun standing by himself, so I better put that baby gate up at the top of the stairs, pronto. He's begun babbling quite a bit, too: lots of "da-da-da" and "ma-ma-ma" on repeat, and general chirping. We find it adorable. Of course.

Job search is...ongoing. If you have any leads, please let me know. I've got a few nibbles, but June 25 is fast approaching, and that's our self-imposed deadline for me to get something because that's when J begins day care. We have a back-up plan if I don't find something, so don't worry. The frustrating part is distinguishing myself from the 100+ others who apply for the same (ONE) position--if I could get in front of the interview folks, I could dazzle the hell out of them with my skills and charm. It's just getting to that point that's the real job (haha).

I have two minutes, so I'll wrap up. More later on a website I found that teaches one how to run a home like a business for sanity and streamlining purposes!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hang in there, Kary! You will find something! I admire the way you've embraced this year with J and loved every minute. (Well, maybe you haven't loved EVERY minute, but you've probably loved most of them!)

xo