Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Practicing What I Preach

At school I always tell my students not to wait until the last minute to do things. I tell them not to wait until Sunday to do all of their work. I even advised them recently to get an hour's worth of work done on Friday so they'll be a little better off later in the weekend.

Procrastination is something I have to fight against every day. I know, you non-procrastinator, type-A people never have any trouble with it and say things like, "Well, why don't you just not procrastinate? It's so easy." I say hah! Hah! It's not easy to kick a bad habit when you've cultivated it and crafted it so well.

However, I've bought something that I think will help: Real Simple makes organizers! Real Simple is my Bible: Just the other day I cleaned my drain with baking soda, vinegar, and boiling water, just as they said. Good bye, backup! But I digress. Real Simple makes an organizer with two different calendars: On one side you can do your home calendar; on the other you can do work/school whatever. This keeps them separate but together all in one. Hooray! Seriously, I'm finding it extremely helpful. Step 2 is keeping it updated but it's so fun that I think I'll do it. That's rudimentary, but it works for me.

Any suggestions you have of keeping your lives organized? I welcome any and all!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: