Sunday, November 8, 2009
Happy 40th Birthday, Sesame Street
A complete staple of my childhood, I just wanted to quickly share a few of my favorite clips, although there are too many to count. I dare you to try not to sing along. As far as I'm concerned, it did nothing negative at all for me; it did not hinder my attention span, make me eat too many cookies, or anything else. It taught me how to be a good friend, to say "open" and "closed" in Spanish, to count to twelve, to not be scared of monsters, and countless other important skills. What a brilliant, wonderful creation.
Who's your favorite character? I always loved Grover the most.
- Oscar singing "I love Trash"
- "C is for Cookie"
- Ladybugs Picnic
- Counting to ten (I had totally forgotten this!)
- One two three FOUR FIVE, six seven eight NINE TEN, eleven twelve!
- Orange sings "Carmen" (totally odd, but I always remembered it as a favorite)
- Elmo's song
- a little Spanish
- a loaf of bread, a container of milk...
- The Twiddlebugs!
- Typical Bert and Ernie
- Prairie Dawn reciting
- Kermit and Cookie
- Super Grover!
- Big Bird deals with the loss of Mr. Hooper (I know it's sad, but I think it's beautifully done)
- So here's a happier Big Bird and Snuffy
- And we'll end with one that everyone knows (hint: it's about something that makes noise when you squeeze it....)