Sunday, November 8, 2009

Happy 40th Birthday, Sesame Street


A complete staple of my childhood, I just wanted to quickly share a few of my favorite clips, although there are too many to count. I dare you to try not to sing along. As far as I'm concerned, it did nothing negative at all for me; it did not hinder my attention span, make me eat too many cookies, or anything else. It taught me how to be a good friend, to say "open" and "closed" in Spanish, to count to twelve, to not be scared of monsters, and countless other important skills. What a brilliant, wonderful creation.

Who's your favorite character? I always loved Grover the most.

- Opening

- Oscar singing "I love Trash"

- "C is for Cookie"

- Ladybugs Picnic

- Counting to ten (I had totally forgotten this!)

- One two three FOUR FIVE, six seven eight NINE TEN, eleven twelve!

- Orange sings "Carmen" (totally odd, but I always remembered it as a favorite)

- Elmo's song

- a little Spanish

- a loaf of bread, a container of milk...

- The Twiddlebugs!

- Typical Bert and Ernie

- Prairie Dawn reciting

- Kermit and Cookie

- Super Grover!

- Big Bird deals with the loss of Mr. Hooper (I know it's sad, but I think it's beautifully done)

- So here's a happier Big Bird and Snuffy

- And we'll end with one that everyone knows (hint: it's about something that makes noise when you squeeze it....)

No comments: