Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pictures


Here's the deal: Now that it's almost May, the end of the school year will come on with great, hurtling force, so my already-sporadic blogging may well become even more so. I will do my best--truth be told, I'll probably need to post just to keep sanity.

In the meantime, as promised, a random assortment of pictures:


This was what I came down to on my birthday from my dear husband.

Our new indoor-outdoor rug--made completely from recycled plastic bottles! Not kidding--it ROCKS.

The greenie decided to get bags to separate glass from paper from metal. Unfortunately, the trash collectors made off with the orange one, even though I'd put our address on there. They probably just THREW IT AWAY, TOO.





Ohhhh, gracious--this was my sister and BIL's Christmas present to us-- pancake making apparatus!


Banana pancakes! Yeah!

Raisin bread for Grandma--when you turn 95, you get whatever you want. This was what she wanted. :-)

me, Grandma, my aunt Deborah

Oh, and our anniversary dinner--thanks for the help, Yum! We decided instead of going out, we'd cook something we don't usually, so I made stuffing to put in our yummy grilled quail.

Preparing the quail

...grilled with a bit of olive oil and rosemary

...and jumbo shrimp, baby! Oh yes, and a salad, but that wasn't quite picture-worthy

I am an extremely lucky person.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, YAY! That dinner looks amazing! Now I think I'm going to have to try it :)
I love that rug. I will make it a point to get one for my porch - now I just need to get a porch...
LOVE the pictures!

WV: grappl
I had to grappl with the quail to stuff it...?

Wonderland said...

You guys are so beautiful. And yes, I love that rug too. Thanks for the pics!

Sarah Berry said...

You guys are such a hot couple!! Amazing pic!