Monday, September 11, 2006

Let me just catch my breath

So I survived my first week of school relatively unscathed. I'm exhausted, yes, but not one student has cursed at me or in my presence (although I did overhear someone in the hall--shame, shame) and almost all of them have shown up. Additionally, they all do their work and ask questions about the homework! It's like heaven, as compared to last year. And not one of them has asked me for something to write with.

The biggest thing for me is figuring out how to schedule my own time. As DF's father said, I'm totally out of shape for this kind of teaching, IE real, actual teaching. I've got papers up the wazoo but that's just part of the deal--I just need to schedule myself properly and make sure I can get everything done, coach crew from 4-6, and maybe get to bed before 11:30. September is the busiest month, too, with all of these parent thingies at night to show them the school, how great we are, etc., etc. All necessary but boy howdy am I going to make good use of 1) the microwave and 2) the crock pot.

And tomorrow....I GET MY CAR BACK! Well, the plates, technically. Thank God--I do really like riding my bike, but I wasn't looking forward to hauling around in the rain. This also means I can bring my nice new rug to school. The one I have now is actually one I removed because of its brown 70s color and ratty edges. Just not nice-looking for the parents, my dear. It simply won't do.

Ah, but it's 3:23 and I have to get ready to head to practice! Yikes! More when I get a free thirty seconds.

Happy Monday, everyone, and my thoughts go out to those who have special reason to remember September 11, 2001.

No comments: