Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Still Here

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth--I found out early last week that my internal interview for a possible probationary (read: tenure track/more permanent) position would occur Monday, meaning yesterday. Thus I've been preparing for that, mentally and literally. I could find out as early as Thursday, so keep your fingers crossed. Since the interview happened on St. Patrick's Day, I'm hoping the luck of the Irish, or at least marrying a partial Irishman, will help me out. ;-)

The quick wrap-up, which I'll expand on later:

- Saw B.B. King this past weekend--AMAZING. The man is 82 years old and can still sing and play like nobody else. Not even Mr. Obnoxious Guy sitting next to me could take away from it. Details to follow.

- Ouiser, upon your suggestion, we got into Heroes. We're hooked. I still don't know if they'll save the cheerleader from Sylar at the prom (don't you love it?), so don't give it away. Our favorite character is Hiro. We just love him. I know, I know, I write about not watching TV, but there are exceptions....

- It's been almost 40 degrees lately, and sunny, so for Buffalo, spring is just around the corner.

- Our future puppy will be born any day now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Quick Simple Joy: Having coffee with a girlfriend for almost two hours, dishing about everything, laughing hysterically, and singing along with Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach" and "Everybody" by C+C Music Factory in the coffee house.

That's all for now--I'll catch people up later. Meantime, please send me good thoughts! I've already had a bunch from my dearest blog readers, so thank you very, very much.

1 comment:

Ouiser said...

glad you're liking heroes. we like hiro, too, but i really like peter.

as for bb king...he totally rocks the house. i'll have to tell you about the time i had to call his office...not enough time now.

hugs-

and i'm sending all my positive energy to the people who will give you your new job. i'm saving my negative energy for the contractor who needs to fix my showers.