Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Look at my sister!

First of all, I lost a bunch of my widgets when I changed layout, so I'll have to put those back in. Boo. But I do like the new look.

Second, and more importantly, my sister E. and her boyfriend J. are FAMOUS. OK, well, they have an article that J. wrote on the Slow Food Nation blog, and I hope it gets them lots of publicity and work. They're trying to make creating small vegetable gardens in people's homes a business, and frankly, I think it's a good idea that will hopefully take on. Click here to go directly to their website. Just look at the pictures if you want. I think I'm going to ask E. to help me can a bunch of stuff--it's one way I can think of to keep this great local produce around for the winter and utilize it, and it won't take up all the room in the freezer.

Oh, and another green tip: I found a stapler that doesn't use staples. Cool.

3 comments:

Princess Powerless said...

What a beautiful couple! And what a noble cause. I wish them luck in their endeavor.

I have one of those stapleless staplers. They work well on 4 sheets or fewer... They need to make one that works on more.

:-) PP

Ouiser said...

i've seen the staplers before. way to ruin my secret plan to buy them as christmas gifts for all the teachers i know!

i can't wait to read e's article.

smiles.

feather nester said...

I read the article, it was great!