Sunday, March 15, 2009

I think I can live by this alone

T and I made onion rye bread. You saute the onions first, then roll them up in the dough and cook it, so they're all gooshy and soft. These carbs, I won't give up. It tastes SO GOOOOOOD....


Tonight I have a concert I'm singing in, with two pieces all about the awfulness of war, as it is a Concert for Peace. Some of the words are biblical and others come from Walt Whitman. The Whitman stuff's quite haunting and often discordant, but it somehow works. I meant to take a shower beforehand, but since a strangely high number of my choirmates have bad reactions to scented ANYTHING (hand lotion, shampoo, perfume, etc.), I am going to go slightly dirty. I don't want to cause anyone's attacks. I write that a bit facetiously--I do feel terrible that they have such bad reactions, but my being unshowered is admittedly a little tongue-in-cheek.

I'm off to eat more bread. I will brush my teeth--toothpaste doesn't bother any of them and singing with onion breath is just mean and wrong.

By the way, does everyone else love it that it's light out so late?

No comments: