Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mmmm...dinner



I made this for dinner...complete with a delicious olive oil dough that really made it tasty.  The recipe for the dough comes from my favorite bread book, Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day.  I've taken to looking through it lately to figure out a few fun recipes...it really is that easy to do.  I managed to put the dough together while J took a nap, but it took me less then ten minutes, honestly.  So delicious on a cold, messy night!

The peppers had their inspiration in Ouiser's pledge on her recent post to eat more vegetables.  Now, I don't do too poorly in that area, but I could do better.  So for the last few days, I've tried more consciously to eat my fruits and vegetables, and I've done fairly well, I must say.  I try to balance it all without leaning too much on pasta and bread (yes, dough counts as bread, I'm aware, but I know exactly what went into it).  Sure, I fall down on the job every once in a while, but I figure if I want to stay healthy for myself and my child (and if I want to work on losing that pregnancy weight), conscious eating goes a long way.  

At least I'm doing something about it, unlike our congress, who considers pizza a viable vegetable for school lunches....

No comments: