Thursday, January 19, 2012

Just a few things

First of all, J is 30 weeks old today.  WHAT?  He'll be seven months before I know it!

I know I haven't blogged a lot...every time I mean to, I feel I should be doing something else, like cleaning, laundry, or job hunting.  But I think a few minutes will be ok.  Still hunting, although we've got our routines down now, and it'll be hard to give that up, I admit, but having another full paycheck will certainly make things easier.

I think I'll just share a few sites I've gotten wind of to help you folks out:


Get Human is one of those lovely little sites that lets you actually speak to a human faster instead of dealing with endless menus and automated voices.  You input the company and it'll give you directions to get you to a human faster.  I used this morning to get to a person at the NY Department of Labor.  It took a wee bit of time, but certainly not as long as last time I tried...and got cut off.


Food Gawker has many recipes and beautiful pictures to boot.  If I had my way, I would have an endless food budget and plenty of time to cook all of these recipes. 


www.canyoustayfordinner.com (another food blog)

This one just has terrific recipes as well, all created by someone who lost tons of weight and is a foodie to boot.  I like the way she writes about food.

 
Lots and lots of bargains for kids and mom.  Check it regularly to get good deals.
 
That's about all I've got right now.  J gets closer to crawling every day...fortunately we have a large, six-panel baby gate we got for Penny that we can use to corral him.  I know we'll need it, because this kid wants to cruise.  

1 comment:

The Perfect Space said...

That GetHuman site is GENUIS. THANK YOU. Also, <3.