Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Year in Review

When I think back on this year, I realize so much happened, a lot of it great. So I’m going to list of the few banner moments, along with one or two of the downers because you have to take the good with the bad:

  1. Started a blog (!)
  2. Got engaged
  3. Made it through a year in the Buffalo Public School system
  4. Got a job with a more “compatible” school for me
  5. Put my dog Boo down, who did lead a long and full life
  6. Made new friends
  7. Began planning a wedding
  8. Learned new recipes
  9. Helped friends through good times and bad
  10. Had major personal breakthroughs which will help me personally and professionally, including allowing myself to make mistakes and ask for help

And here are a few personal goals for the year:

  1. Not go crazy planning the wedding
  2. Be a good wife to my new husband
  3. Watch less TV and read more
  4. Be as good a teacher as possible
  5. Keep in touch with my friends
  6. Organize my time better
  7. Do all of these things one day at a time, recognizing that I’ll make mistakes and need help but will continue to try my best
Happy 2007!

No comments: