Monday, May 14, 2007

Hell on wheels

13 May 2007 5:30 PM Currently I am sitting on a fifteen passenger bus with my dearest, most darling, most understanding and patient of husbands…and thirteen teenage girls, most of whom are about fourteen. After their iPod died, DH took his and is currently playing “his” music. He’s driving the bus; I say the driver has those sorts of privileges. The girls, in apparent protest, have chosen to sing every song they can think of at top volume. It has hit a level of obnoxiousness I cannot even fathom. I, in the meantime, have honed my skills of concentration insofar as I have actually managed to correct papers while this madness rages in my poor eardrums: A battle of teenage voices versus Canadian rock. They’re currently butchering “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”, which I actually like(d) as a song. The funny part is that they don’t know all the words so they sing part of a verse they know and then move onto the chorus, then the next song. It’s a special kind of torture. I now understand how they got Noriega to come out of his bunker. Oh my dear Lord, they’ve moved onto “BINGO”. Yes, B-I-N-G-O. Thank God they’re singing it at top speed and it only has five letters. Now it’s “Old MacDonald”. If ever I needed birth control, this is it. NO. NOT “The Little Mermaid”…. Noooooooo….


I think they owe DH an apology. Seriously. On a much lighter note, we did excellently at New York States, with boats respectively earning 4th place, 2nd place, and 1st place!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the race placings! And very very amusing about the bus trip :) Hope your ears recover.