Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Easy Crock Pot Chili

Yesterday I made what may be the easiest crock pot recipe I've come across since my favorite Turkey Sausage and Tortellini Stew (have I posted this?  Let me know if you want it--EXTREMELY simple).  I got it from my sister M and BIL C's wedding cookbook.  You're welcome.

- 2-3 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- peppers of your choice
- 3 different cans of beans
- 1 diced onion
- 1 packet chili seasoning mix
- I also threw in a can of Mexi-corn; I'm sure you could use fresh or frozen

Put the breasts, frozen, in the crock pot.  Take a large bowl and mix the other ingredients together, then pour it all over the chicken.  Put on LOW for the day (I did about seven hours).  The chicken will separate like pulled pork (which you could also use) with just a bit of prodding.

THAT'S IT.  It turned out quite delicious.

No comments: